Last night, I had the time of my life at the AIDS Foundation of Chicago’s 11th Annual “World of Chocolate” event. I’d heard all types of rave reviews from people who practically overdosed on cocoa goodness and KNEW that I was going to be in trouble.
While I felt like a winner, I also felt like a loser. There was so much chocolate in the place that I tapped out… EARLY. I only visited like 35% of the stations and seriously reconsidered my life’s purpose. Why didn’t I try more items? I suppose that there’s always next year.
So, what did I try? The short list is below…
- A bacon chocolate martini (YUM!)
- Mashed potatoes drizzled with chocolate (An interesting combo that kind of worked.)
- A date stuffed with Belgium dark chocolate and wrapped in bacon (I wasn’t ready for this one.)
- Chocolate covered pretzels
- Chocolate-covered grapes with Riesling (Omg. Delish.)
- Fudge truffles
But, when I tell you that they had all types of chocolate there, I really mean it. There were stations with salads drizzled in chocolate vinaigrette, cocoa chile wild boar sliders, chocolate shrimp and grits, and WAY more. Ah. SUCH a magical place and all for a fantastic cause! Funds raised through World of Chocolate support AFC’s grant-making, policy and public education programs. I will definitely return next year and this time I will be ready. Ready for the fun and ready for some wild cocoa treats.
What’s the craziest chocolate dish that you have ever tried?