Welcome to April! Knowing that we are on the verge of spring temperatures has me feeling super energized and ready to knock out some major goals over the next three months. I’ve been using Powersheets to help map out my year. In 2016, I had the tool but didn’t use it like I should have. However, I’m doing MUCH better this year. One of the things that I like most about the Powersheets are the 3-month refresh pages which allows you to take stock of the prior months and what you did or didn’t do. This refresh also helps with assessing whether or not your annual goals need to be tweaked.
What worked well:
- Planning our the communications for our Rock the Red Pump campaign
- Waking up at 5:30a during the week
- Communicating clearly about my goals/expectations at work
What didn’t work well:
- Procrastinating on key tasks (forever a struggle)
- Inconsistent meal planning
- Over-thinking too many decisions
- Not setting operating against a budget
- My tendency to overthink/plan is very counterproductive to action,
- I have to push past feeling of awkwardness when establishing new or stronger friendships
- Setting up processes and automating tasks are the only way that I can balance my career with Red Pump and entrepreneurial passions
After going through this exercise, it was clear to me that while planning is key to my success, it can also be counterproductive for me. In one of Myleik’s podcasts, she discussed how too much talking and planning can trick your mind into thinking that you have actually done something. And, I think that it what has hindered me in a lot of areas. I have plans and spreadsheets up the hoo hah but have probably only put 15% of those ideas into motion. I can’t imagine that pleases God and it definitely doesn’t please me.
Taking all of this into account, I turned my attention to this month and completed my Tending List, the document in your Powersheets where you list your goals for the month and track them.
Encouraging words: Change begins with choice. Make it happen.
- Read 31 Days of Prayer for the Dreamer and the Doer
- Read Things I Wish I Knew Before My Mom Died
- Declutter our home office, all closets, and junk drawers
- Research and choose a new blog design and layout
- Create an AM/PM routine
- Stick to a $40 budget for eating out (personal budget only)
- Exercise 3-4 times
- Post on TFG 3x/week
- Budget review meeting
- Drink 100 oz of water
- 15 minutes devotional time
What are you looking forward to getting done this month?