It is so hard to believe that January is basically over. Given that this is the last day in the month, I have spent the past couple of hours cross-checking my January goals with what I actually accomplished. Here is where I stand.
- Purge unwanted items and organize my closet (Halfway done… Still need to organize my closet)
- Read “Year of Yes” and “Daring Greatly” (I have two chapters left in “Year of Yes,” and I didn’t start the second book)
- Create board recruitment plan for The Red Pump Project (Plan made… Now need to execute)
- Plan February blog content series (Yes, I’m excited!)
- Connect in-person with at least one of my girlfriends (It felt good to have some face-to-face time with some of my fav gals)
- Post a blog entry 1-3 times a week (Yay!)
- Pray for a stronger marriage (This has been on my heart for the past few months… God is working in this area)
I didn’t get everything done but I’m proud of what I did accomplish. Looking ahead to next month, I need to do a better job of keeping myself accountable. I didn’t pay much attention to my tending list so I will put that in a more visible place where I can check my status more often. One thing wasn’t on my list was to get back into public speaking but I did. Last week, I was invited to talk to a group of high school students about my career in marketing. It was fantastic. Plus, it was good practice for returning to work. I had to wake up early, get Caleb ready and out the door, and put on real clothes!
Looking ahead, below are my key February goals.
- Update decor in master bedroom
- Launch 8th annual Rock the Red Pump campaign
- Volunteer once
- Introduce “13:13” content series on the blog
- Exercise 30 minutes at least three times a week
- Meal plan and cook 3-4 times a week
- Pray for strength to balance “it” all
- Read devotional in women’s bible
- Replace coffee with tea
The biggest change will be my return to work in a couple of weeks. While this will certainly make my life more complicated, it will also add back in some structure to my day. Structure that I hope will be beneficial to my productivity.
How are you tracking on your goals for 2016?