Welcome to June aka summer time! Well, at least if you are in Chicago. Last month, I didn’t set any official goals in my Powersheets, but I did commit to some things so May wasn’t a total wash. That being said, I set some intentional goals for June related to parenting, fitness, faith and relationships. While May ended on an incredible note, the middle weeks were a little all over the place. Without having a clear sense of what I needed to accomplish, I was flying by the seat of my pants as far as what I was and wasn’t doing. That is not what intentional living looks like!
What worked well:
- Focusing on the Book of Ruth in the Bible and the story of Naomi
- Catching up with old colleagues and re-establishing personal connections
- Taking on a stretch assignment at work with a new team
What didn’t work well:
- Compulsively saying “Yes” to helping others
- Adding too much sugar back to my diet (Hello, headaches and extra pounds)
- Feeling overwhelmed in silence
Last month, I said “Yes” to a lot of asks that I didn’t whole-heartedly want to do. Helping friends, helping co-workers, taking on extra responsibility at home. I just did it and I regretted it. Whew. What a relief to type that. I feel like I am not supposed to say or think, “No, I don’t really want to help you with that.” However, I have to be true to myself and what is already on my plate. So, looking ahead to June, I am still going to maintain my helping spirit but I have to be MAD selective. That means asking God to reveal to me their intentions in asking and my intentions behind saying “Yes.” In addition, I want to spend June focusing more on the important relationships in my life. Lara always challenges us to focus on what will matter when you are 80 years old. So, what will be more important to me at that time besides love and friendship?
Encouraging words: Embrace awkward.
- Read Make It Happen by Lara Casey
- Take a “hooky” day with Caleb
- Work on blog redesign
- Complete rebrand of The Red Pump Project
- Send encouragement postcards to friends
- Call a friend on the phone
- Stick to a $40 budget for eating out (personal budget only)
- Post on TFG twice
- Gratitude exercise
- Intentional time with Chris
- Drink 80 oz of water
- 15 minutes devotional time
- 30 minute quick cleanup
What are you looking forward to getting done this month?