Does fall automatically trigger the urge to nest? I believe that I fell down the domestic rabbit hole on August 15th. We’ve been in our new place since May and I just haven’t been in the mood to be a homemaker. That was up until a few weeks ago. Now, I can’t seem to pull myself away from Pinterest for decorating tips. I make stews and desserts. Oh, and let’s not forget the Powerpoint slides that I created to help guide my interior design projects.
Is this normal? Maybe I’m finally starting to settle into my reality that I am a suburban wife now and my single city girl days are done. *pours glass of wine*
So, let’s talk about the projects that I’m really looking forward to completing over the next month.
1. Reupholster two ottomans that I purchased about seven years ago. The fabric is beige microsuede and I’m over it. I’ve been scouting Jo-Ann Fabric for some great swatches and have narrowed it down to four patterns. Hopefully, I can make a decision. #LibraProblems
2. Find the perfect turquoise accents for my living room. My color palette for the space is brown/orange/cream with turquoise mixed in. I will probably kickoff my search at Home Goods and Goodwill. Both stores have a great selection of knick-knacks.
3. Let Pinterest guide me to the perfect apple pie recipe. My husband wants pie but this city girl has never attempted such a dessert in her life.
4. Track down my Moulin Rouge poster and (finally) hang it in my kitchen. The movers left my framed poster on their truck and they finally found it. It is the ooh-la-la piece that my kitchen needs.
5. Set up the home office. Currently, our office is filled with boxes of books, office supplies, bins of Red Pump materials and the couch from my old apartment. I’m thinking that we will need lots of storage and a big bookcase to help us get started. I’m in charge of organizing the room. My husband is responsible for furnishing it.
There are probably other things that I could add to this list, but I’m trying not to overwhelm myself with the pressures of domesticity. Up until Monday, I kept experiencing minor anxiety attacks while trying to find the perfect dining room table. Luckily, we were able to snag a beautiful Ethan Allen table (plus six chairs) for an incredible price from a couple preparing for a cross-country move. #Blessings
I wish I could say that I was going to do some before and after shots, but I’m not that evolved. I will promise to snap some pics on Instagram. Who knew that I had a domestic side? My mother is probably in heaven grinning from ear to ear. We’ll see how this goes!