Tonight, NYC (and other parts of the country) will be rocking for Fashion’s Night Out. Not familiar with the idea? Let me give it to you in three bullets:
- Hundreds of NYC participating stores
- Great fashion deals and activities
- Charitable partner = NYC AIDS Fund
The first two bullets are wins for me, but obviously the third bullet is what’s landed this magical evening on my site. Like last year, you can shop for a cause and purchase the kickass FNO tee with Miss Naomi on the front, as a portion of sales will go to the NYC AIDS Fund.
Also, per the website, over 140 retail locations will be hosting some sort of event with a charitable tie-in. To make it easier for you, here are my Top 5 picks for a charitable Fashion’s Night Out experience:
1. Rachel Roy (Macy’s Herald Square) – Stop by the RACHEL Rachel Roy collection from 6-8pm and get styled and photographed wearing head to toe RACHEL Rachel Roy. For every shopper that participates, $1 will be donated to charity: water, a non-profit organization bringing clean, safe drinking water to people in developing nations.
2. Payless (716 Lexington Avenue) – This event will be hosted by all four Payless Guest Designers: Christian Siriano, Lela Rose, Patricia Field and Isabel Toledo. The designers will be available for a meet-and-greet and photo opportunity from 8-10 p.m. Payless is also supporting the NYC AIDS Fund, with a limited-edition charity tote available for $10 that features the official “cityscape graphic” created by Vogue for 2010. Five dollars from each tote sold will be donated to the NYC AIDS Fund.
3. Crumbs Bake Shop (Various NYC locations) – CRUMBS Bake Shop will feature a special edition “Fashion’s Night Out” cupcake. The cupcake debuts tonight and will be available through Fashion Week. A portion of sales from the cupcake will benefit the NYC AIDS Fund.
4. Nine West (675 Fifth Avenue) – Soak in the live & soulful musical performance by Grammy-award winning artist Joss Stone beginning at 6pm at the Lucky Magazine/Nine West co-sponsored party. Complete with lite bites & drinks, come shop the limited edition footwear collection co-created by Joss Stone as part of the Fall 2010 Nine West Vintage America Collection. If you’re one of the first 99 people to donate a previously loved pair of shoes to Soles4Souls, you’ll get a Nine West gift card.
5. Dolce & Gabbana (825 Madison Avenue) – Join D & G and Naomi Campbell to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of her career. A collection of limited edition t-shirts featuring Naomi Campbell will be signed by her from 6:30-9:30p and will be available for purchase. T-shirts sold exclusively at the Dolce & Gabbana boutique will support Fashion for Relief, a charity founded by Naomi to raise funds in the fashion world in time and places of need.
So, there you have it…Fun, fashionable charity! No matter where you go this evening, I’m sure that you’ll have fun…For more information on Fashion’s Night Out, visit fashionsnightout.com!